Monday, March 3, 2014

Flipped Learning Through Social Networking

One thing I have learned from my LAI technologies class is the importance and usefulness of social networking, especially for learning from and through others and their experiences.  There are numerous social networking sites out there that provide people with information and tools to help them advance and be successful in their careers, in particular their teaching career.  One social networking site that I have just explored and joined is the Flipped Learning Network.  I was attracted to this site in particular because I am very interested in learning how to incorporate individualized teaching into my future L2 English classroom.  This teaching method is also very similar to learning how to incorporate individual learning styles and interests into the curriculum, which is a very important and useful teaching method to help facilitate learning in the ESL classroom.
 The Flipped Learning Site is useful for current and future teachers of all areas because it gives educators a forum to share their best flipped teaching practices and also share things that did not seem to work in the classroom; therefore providing current and future teachers with tools that will benefit students as well as with practices that are not useful for students.  I feel that joining this site now during my studies, will allow me time to read up and research some more on how to best implement successfully and efficiently this teaching strategy into my future classroom.  I look forward to all I will learn from educators through this site.

1 comment: